These Blueberry Muffins will be an instant classic. They are soft, moist, and delicious. Serve them as a side with brunch, or they can be the star of the show. Make sure to bake extra so have enough for the whole week, and what everyone else will steal from your “hiding spot” when they taste how good they are. This recipe will yield 12 large muffins, and only takes about 45 minutes to make!
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
Charlie’s Old-Time Buttermilk
½ cup canola oil
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
3 – 4 tsp course sparkling sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners (cupcake liners) and spray each one with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together Charlie’s Old-Fashioned Buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir gently until mixed well.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter gently.
- Using a large scoop, put the batter into each liner, filling them to the top. Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with a generous amount of sparkling sugar (optional).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 22-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then transfer to a cooling rack Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!