Turner Dairy Farms, Inc. Delivery Driver/Salesperson will provide consistent, on-time delivery, and outstanding customer service for an assigned route. Class B or Class A CDL license is required for this position. Must be able to drive standard manual transmission vehicles and not have a manual transmission restriction on their license. This is a full time position and you will be home every night.
- Deliver products to customers in a safe and timely manner. Products will be bulk loaded onto the truck and orders are picked off of the truck
- As a driver salesman you will also promote new and additional products to customers
- Provide a high level of customer service and solve customer issues as they arise
- Serve as primary interface with the customer
- Merchandising and rotation of products at the customer location
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Fuel and add oil daily and as needed to the truck and the truck refrigeration unit.
- Maintain a valid Class A or Class B Commercial driver license (without an automatic restriction)
- Maintain a current DOT medical card
- Know and comply with all DOT and FMCSA regulations
- Perform pre trip and post trip inspections
- Report to the garage truck mechanics of any mechanical issues with the truck
- Secure load at the start of the day and after each delivery stop
- Load and unload cases of products manually using a hook, hand cart, pallet-jack onto or off of the delivery truck
- Use of the truck rear lift gate in moving products
- Collection of empty cases at customer locations and unloading of those cases upon return to the dairy
- Submit route paperwork and customer collections daily including signed invoices, collections sheet, credit slips
- Work schedule will consist of covering other driver vacations or days off until a position for a regular route opens up.
- Ability to work over 40 hours per week. Depending on the schedule; ability to work over 10 hours in a day (4 days a week schedule) or over 8 hours in a day (5 day a week schedule)
- Unless assigned a route that works every Saturday, will need to work every 3 rd or 4th Saturday
- Work schedule could include working on a holiday. (No work on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year Day)
- Starting time depends on the route worked and could be anywhere between midnight and 6 am.
- If not assigned to delivery on a regular route this person could be assigned to deliver special orders out of the dairy office
- Follow all required work safety practices and regulations.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Class B or Class A CDL license with air brake endorsement and with at least 1 year of driving experience
- Must be able to drive manual standard transmission trucks and not have a manual transmission restriction on the commercial driver license
- Prior history of employment providing customer service desired
- Must be able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend for the entire shift
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to six cases of products (weighing up to 240 lbs)
- Ability to use a hand cart, dolly, pallet-jack, and hook to pull cases of products
- Ability to move 200 and up to 500 cases of products during the day
- Ability to use a dolly to move cases of products up curbs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to safely climb in and out of the truck cab and in and out of the rear of the truck multiple times a day
- Ability to work a lift gate safety
- Be able to work in different environments and weather conditions ranging from minus degrees to over 100 degrees. Snow, Rain, Sleet, Wind. Moderate noise, and slippery surfaces
Great Benefits including:
Paid holidays, Vacation, Pension, Health Insurance which is FULLY paid for by
the employer, Eye and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Attendance Bonus.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
- Please, no phone calls about this position